Marked with the cross of Christ forever, we are claimed, gathered, and sent for the sake of the world.
GUIDING PRINCIPLES (2007-2013)
For this time in the life of our synod, as disciples of Jesus Christ and members of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America, we commit ourselves to
- loving God passionately
- proclaiming from a Lutheran perspective God’s will and promise revealed in Jesus’ death and resurrection
- working for justice
- caring for creation
- embracing the gifts of intimacy and human sexuality
- accompanying global and local partners, and
- honoring the gifts of all our members
PRIORITIES for 2011-2013
We will actively collaborate with Lutheran, ecumenical, and interfaith partners in
- forming and renewing nimble and sustainable ministries,
- equipping servant leaders, and
- enhancing available financial resources for mission and ministry locally and globally.
PROCESSES and STRATEGIES for 2011-2013
We will live into these priorities largely through:
Rostered and lay leaders gathering regularly in our eight geographic conferences for the purpose of discerning and answering God’s call to mission and ministry in their contexts.
Three “tables” representing the diversity of the synod gathering as needed for shaping and giving expression to each of our three priorities. Resources for these tables include the Office of the Bishop, our committees, teams, various ministry organizations, ELCA churchwide staff and processes, and other partners.
Synodical Regional Hubs
Strategically located existing ministry sites providing space and the best appropriate technology for gatherings and learning events that equip and strengthen leaders for God’s mission.
Marked with the cross of Christ forever, we are claimed, gathered and sent for the sake of the world.
North/West Lower Michigan Synod
2900 N. Waverly Rd.
Lansing MI 48906