Always Being Made New: The Campaign for the ELCA gives us the opportunity to expand our ministries among youth and young adults to cultivate young leaders, embrace a culture of diversity and inclusion, and build a robust network of support.
Through the Youth and Young Adults ministry of The Campaign for the ELCA, we will focus on the following Core Values:
- Form faith in youth and young adults
- Develop and multiply youth and young adult leaders
- Start new ministries or enhancing current efforts
- Promote collaboration and creativity
- Engage youth and young adults of color
- Accompany communities and persons living in poverty
Applications must be submitted on behalf of a partnership of two or more ELCA-related ministries, one of which must be a congregation or synod.
- Grants will range from $5,000 to $40,000.
- Grants are one-time, lump sum grant amounts.
- Previous Youth and Young Adult Campaign Grant recipients (awarded in 2015) are not eligible to apply.
- Grant applications will be received September 4 – October 31, 2018. Applicants will be notified and funds dispersed in December 2018.
- Funds will be directed through an established ELCA ministry.
- Grant recipients are expected to establish measurable outcomes, provide two updates on their project, one six months after the start date and a final report. Recipients also agree to participate in at least one online gathering of grant recipients.
First, you must register (Step #1) in the ELCA GrantMaker system no later than October 19, 2018. All completed applications (Step #2) are due by October 31, 2018. Applications received after the due date will not be considered.