General Resources for Leaders
Online Worship, Virtual Meetings, and Live-Streaming
- View resources on how to stream your congregation’s worship or events online: Live Streaming Worship
- Learn how to use Zoom to host virtual meetings and small gatherings: Learn More about Zoom Plans, Learn How to Get Started with Zoom, View Zoom’s FAQ and Quick Start Guide
- If you are planning to use music in your online worship services, you will need to obtain clearance to stream any copyrighted music. The Southeastern Iowa Synod has a list of resources in determining copyright information for hymns and other music. Learn More.
Read news and updates about the COVID-19 pandemic and view resources on online worship, virtual meetings, stewardship, stress management, the CARES Act, Paycheck Protection Program, financial planning, outreach ministries, and more. View Coronavirus Resources.
With the increased use of web-based technologies, it is important to understand how to best protect your information from those who are looking to steal it. Learn more about internet and information security, how to protect your information, and what to do if your information has been breached. Review Resources.
- Pastoral Expectations
- Definitions and Guidelines for Discipline
- Safe Connections
- Safe Church Guidelines
- ELCA Strategy for Sexual Abuse in Church
- Pulpit Boundaries
- The Prevalence of Clergy Sexual Misconduct: An Executive Summary
- NWLMS Anti-Harassment Policy
- Power and the Christian
- Mandated Reporting
- 10 Things You Should Know About Child Protection
- ELCA Social Media Guidelines
- Ford Social Media Guidelines
- Cyber Liability
- 10 Things You Should Know About Cyber Security
- Who Has A Key?
- ELCA Leaders Portico Benefits Overview
- ELCA Benefit Coverage in Times of Transition
- Understanding ELCA Disability Benefits
- Financial Assistance Resources
- Portico Help Guide
Portico offers a variety of resources to assist those considering retirement.
- Retirement: What You Need to Know
- Planning for Retirement
- Retirement Readiness Series
- Retirement: Navigating Your Next Chapter
- Retirement Planning Tool
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Policy – Ministers of Word and Sacrament (Starting at page 34)
- Retirement Policy – Minister of Word and Service (Starting at page 68)
- Retirement Request for Rostered Ministers
Forms for Rostered Ministers