The ELCA Youth Gathering for high school aged youth takes place every three years and is about faith formation, worship, study, fellowship, service, and play. It is an opportunity for youth to engage with peers from across the United States and the world who share a common commitment and faith in Christ. Learn More.
The 2022 ELCA Youth Gathering will be held July 24-28, 2022, in Minneapolis, with the two pre-events, the Multicultural Youth Leadership Event (MYLE) and the tAble, scheduled for July 21-24, 2022. Updated logos, promotional videos, flyer templates, posters and Zoom backgrounds can be found on the ELCA Youth Gathering website.
- POSTPONED: Gathering leadership has decided to postpone the Safety & Security webinar until October 7 as they are finalizing some safety precautions. The Gathering will host a webinar on September 8 at 8pm ET to discuss plans for next summer regarding safety in Minneapolis and COVID-19. Register Now. At this time, it is too early to know exactly what will be required to ensure all participants are safe. All measures will be communicated through Gathering channels (social media, website, gNews). Additionally, more information and FAQs around COVID-19 and the 2022 Gathering can be found by visiting the Gathering’s website.
- The Gathering will be utilizing a brand-new online registration system for the 2022 Gathering. Gone are the days of mailing in your payments and rooming lists! Sign up for the registration webinar on August 19, at 8 pm ET, or access the recording later to learn more. Register Now.
- The Gathering has set aside funds for individuals with financial need, to help offset the cost of their registration for the 2022 Gathering. Primary adult leaders and congregational leadership may apply for financial assistance on behalf of a specific young person. To get an idea of what questions will be asked on the application, download the Financial Assistance Worksheet.
- Gathering Leadership hosted a Kickoff Celebration on Sunday, July 25. It’s available to watch on the ELCA’s YouTube channel, the Gathering’s Facebook page and our website. Gathering hosts Matthew and Claire shared some exciting announcements about what’s new for this cycle, what the in-kind offering will be and much more.
- The ELCA has recently released the Getting Ready Materials for the 2022 Gathering! This curriculum is designed to help you and your group ponder the theme of the Gathering as you build relationships with one another. This cycle, each unit of the Getting Ready Materials will center on one of our daily themes. We give thanks to our Curriculum team, who invested countless hours of hard work in this resource. Learn More.
- Pastor Dan and our Megan Floyd, our Synod Day Coordinator, hosted an informational meeting on June 17, 2021 to help plan for the Gathering. A recording of the meeting is available on YouTube. Watch Now.