Wed. Oct. 7 from 5-6 p.m. EDT: “Do you want to know how your vote matters?” Co-hosted with Women of the ELCA. Registration: http://bit.ly/WomenoftheELCA-ELCAvotes
Thurs. Oct. 8, 7:30 p.m. EDT: “Before We Vote: Issues. Actions. Outcome.” with African Descent Strategy Team in partnership with African Descent Ministries. Registration: http://bit.ly/ADSTADMVote1
- Wed. Oct. 14 from 7-9 p.m. EDT with Asociación de Ministerios Latinos de la ELCA (webinar in Spanish and English). Learn more from firstname.lastname@example.org .
Many resources are available to assist with your ELCAvotes engagement:
- The ELCA Civic Engagement Guide contains tip sheets to hold Voter Registration Drives and conduct Get Out The Vote events and more. Find this and other resources at ELCA.org/resources/advocacyunder the “Civic Engagement” tab.
- Bible Studies including the latest, “Suffering and Rejoicing As One,”are among resources at ELCA.org/votes.
- “Sifting Through Misinformation” is among Civic Engagement blog posts at blogs.ELCA.org/advocacy/
- Share #ELCAvotes social media messages (like the ELCAvotes webinar announcement!) in your networks from @ELCAadvocacy on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and use #ELCAvotes on your posts to help us share YOUR involvement.
The ELCA social message “Government and Civic Engagement in the United States: Discipleship in a Democracy,” reads: “This church also strongly affirms voting, guided by faith-based values, as an exercise in citizenship.” Thank you for your engagement.
Please contact ELCA Advocacy with questions or concerns: washingtonoffice@ELCA.org.