All Saints Lutheran Church, ELCA, in Mason, MI is seeking a part-time Director of Children and Youth Ministries to coordinate Christian Education and lead children and youth ministry programs.
All Saints is a vibrant congregation that is actively engaged in the Mason community, and envisions children and youth ministry as an integral component to all the activities within the congregation.
The individual who is selected will be called upon to provide leadership in developing and implementing an educational program for children and youth ages 3 years through high school. The individual should have a passion for working with young people, a strong Christian faith, and an ability to connect personally with a diverse group of children and youth. Training or experience working with children or youth is required. The individual will be under the supervision of the pastor, and will work collaboratively with the Christian Education, and the Family and Youth Ministry Teams.
Compensation and Hours: Salary $420/month; 25 hours/month (mostly weekend and evening hours with hours variable from week to week). Specific Duties:
- Work with parents, children and youth, Christian Education and Family and Youth Ministry Teams, and members of the congregation to support children and youth ministry programming
- Coordinate Sunday School program for children and youth with members of the Christian Education Team including selection of education materials, and recruiting and scheduling of volunteers
- Participate with volunteers in Vacation Bible School program held jointly with another Mason area church
- Encourage children and youth to actively participate in the life of the Church through worship, education, fellowship, service, and outreach
- Organize and coordinate age-appropriate activities and events for children and youth
- Communicate with parents, students, staff, volunteers, and the congregation using appropriate means of communication
Applicants should submit by July 24, 2015 a cover letter, resume, and names and contact information for two references to email@example.com
Employment is subject to a background check.