Lutheran World Relief Response to Earthquakes in Nepal
Lutheran World Relief has been responding to the last week’s earthquakes in Nepal and would like to share these updates:
- Prayers continue to be needed and necessary.
- LWR staff in the country are all safe and accounted for, but unable to safely work from their offices.
- LWR already works in the Lamjung District of Nepal, where the epicenter was, and in that region 75% of the homes have been destroyed.
- LWR is shipping over 9,000 Quilts, 1,000 Personal Care Kits and 100 water filtration units.
- LWR will provide additional assistance informed by our assessments that are underway.
Ways congregations can support the relief efforts in Nepal:
- Make a donation – you can donate by visiting lwr.org or by calling 800.597.5972.
- Make Quilts and Kits – LWR’s Quilt and Kit ministry is unique and is a special way to show care and concern for people who are suffering at times like this.
- Keep checking the Lutheran World Relief website for the latest updates.
Lutheran World Relief has provided resources up on our website specific to Sunday, May 3rd, but they can also be used for the National Day of Prayer on May 7. They can be found at www.lwr.org/nepalearthquake/resources
Included is a bulletin insert, children’s sermon, litany of prayers, and sermon notes for pastors who want information from the front lines to include on Sunday.