Racial Justice Resources
ELCA Racial Justice Resources
As church we are called to confess the sin of racism, condemn the ideology of white supremacy, and strive for racial justice and peace. We invite you to join Bishop Craig A. Satterlee in signing the ELCA Anti-Racism Pledge and committing to act and respond to injustices. Sign Now.
The ELCA website has links to the ELCA’s social statements, reports, and resources. Some highlights are listed below:
- Declaration to People of African Descent
- Hearing the Cries: Faith and Criminal Justice
- Troubling the Waters for Healing of the Church: A Journey for White Christians from Privilege to Partnership
- Establishing June 17th As Emanuel 9 Commemoration and Day of Repentance
- One Body, Many Members
- Repudiation on the Doctrine Discovery
North/West Lower Michigan Synod Racial Justice Series
In May 2020, Rev. Rosanne Anderson, Assistant to the Bishop, led a three part series titled: “A Racial Justice Primer – Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow”. Recordings of these seminars are available: Watch Now.
Southeastern Synod ELCA Webinar
On May 21, 2020, the Southeastern Synod hosted a webinar titled: “Becoming the Body of Christ where all bodies are valued: A Conversation around the ELCA’s resolution to Condemn White Supremacy”. Watch Now.
“The Cross and the Lynching Tree: A Requiem for Ahmaud Abery”
Rev. Dr. Otis Moss III delivers a sermonic movie, preaching a requiem for Ahmaud Arbery. Watch Now.
- Waking Up White, and Finding Myself in the Story of Race by Debby Irving
- White Fragility: Why It’s So Hard for White People to Talk About Racism by Robin DiAngelo
- Dear Church: A Love Letter from a Black Preacher to the Whitest Denomination in the US by Lenny Duncan
Anti-Racism Resource Collections
- Anti-Racism Resources for Households with Children
- Anti-Racism Starter Kit for Kids, Teens, Adults, Parents, and Educators
Workshops & Learning Opportunities
Allies for Change is a network of anti-oppression educators who share a passion for social justice and a commitment to creating and sustaining life-giving ally relationships and communities. Learn More.
Justice Leaders Collaborative provides social justice educational workshops and series for individuals, organizations and schools. Learn More.