As Lutheran Christians, we are passionate about proclaiming God’s unconditional love for all people, for all creation, revealed in the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Empowered by the Holy Spirit, we prayerfully participate in Christ’s own work of reconciling the world to God’s very Self. In grateful celebration of our abundant life in Christ, we worship God, help friends and neighbors, celebrate diversity, feed the hungry, work for justice, care for creation, and advocate for peace. Join us!
- The Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) is comprised of about 4.1 million members in 9,638 congregations.
- The North/West Lower Michigan Synod (NWLMS) is one of 65 synods in the ELCA. The synods are organized into nine regions, and the NWLMS is part of Region 6, which includes Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky.
- About 40,719 baptized Christians, including 220 pastors and other professional leaders, comprise 117 congregations.
- Congregations in our synod are grouped into 7 geographic conferences: Bay, Capital, Greater Grand Rapids, Kalamazoo, Stony Lake, Sunrise, and Traverse. Each conference has a Dean who serves as a liaison between the bishop’s office and the congregations in their area.
- Offerings from Congregations to the NWLMS were $1.4 million in 2011. Fifty percent supports the synod and fifty percent supports ELCA Churchwide ministries.
- The Office of the Bishop is located at 2900 N. Waverly Road, Lansing, MI 48906