Synod Assembly 2022
The North/West Lower Michigan Synod’s 2022 Synod Assembly was held via Zoom on May 14, 2022.
Thank you to everyone who attended our 2022 Synod Assembly!
If you missed it, a recording of the livestream and selected videos are available on our YouTube channel. Watch Now.
Results from the General Election are available. Congratulations to those who were elected! We thank all those who generously offered to serve our Synod by placing their names up for election. View Election Results.
Resolutions and Memorials
Resolution A: Living Water Ministries Welcome to All was adopted. The full text of the resolution is available in Section E of the Assembly Book.
Memorial A: Reduction in Greenhouse Gas Emissions was adopted with amendments. The full text of Memorial A as amended and adopted is available here. Memorial A will be sent to ELCA Office of the Secretary so it can be submitted for consideration at the Churchwide Assembly.
- Rules of Organization and Procedure
- Synod Assembly Committees
- Churchwide Representative Information
- Greetings from Presiding Bishop Eaton
- Report of the Bishop
- Indeed, Bishop Satterlee is Legally Blind
- Roster Changes
- Report of the Vice President
- Synod Council Roster
- Anniversary Recognitions
- Candidacy Committee
- Disability Ministry Task Force
- Equipping Leaders for Mission and Ministry
- Global Mission Table
- New and Renewing Mission Table
- Publicly Engaged Church Table
- Capital University
- ELCA Mission Investment Fund
- ELCA Federal Credit Union
- 1517 Media
- Lutheran Immigration and Refugee Services
- Living Water Ministries
- Wittenberg University
- ELCA Foundation
- Resolution A: Living Water Ministries Welcome to All
- Memorial A: Reduction in Greenhouse Gas Emissions
- Additional Information about Memorial A
- Amendments: The Environmental Stewardship Task Force has received helpful feedback from across the Synod and has reflected that in three amendments to be proposed in the discussion of the Memorial. In the interest of efficiency and as a help to voting members, here are the three amendments that the Task Force wishes to introduce. If adopted by the assembly, these would replace individual resolution paragraphs in the final version of the Memorial.
- Nomination Slate
- Nomination Form
- Biographical Information
- Treasurer’s Report
- 2021 Mission Support Analysis
- Financial Fact Sheet
- ELCA Foundation Pooled Trust Fund A Report
- FYE 1/31/22 Consolidated Fund Activity Report
- FYE 1/31/24 Proposed Budget
- Narrative/Missional Budget
- Synod Staff Compensation Overview (as of April 2022)
- 2023 Compensation Guidelines
- Overview of Recommended Updates to the 2023 NWLM Synod Compensation Guidelines
- Region 6 Compensation Guidelines Comparison (Excel Download)
- FYE 1/31/22 Audited Financial Statements