Synod Assembly 2019
Called to be like Living Stones in a Changing World
May 16-18, 2019
Comfort Inn & Suites Hotel and Conference Center
2424 S. Mission, Mt. Pleasant, MI 48858.
The theme for this year’s Assembly is “Called to be Living Stones in a Changing World”, deriving from the Apostle Peter’s words to Christians in 1 Peter 2:5: “You yourselves like living stones are being built as a spiritual house, to be a holy priesthood, to offer spiritual sacrifices acceptable to God through Jesus Christ.”
We are pleased to welcome Rev. Chris Boerger, Secretary of the ELCA, as our guest from the ELCA Churchwide Office.
Synod Assembly 2019 – Synod Assembly Book
- 2019 Synod Assembly Annual Reports – Updated as of 5/14
- 2019 Synod Assembly Audited Financial Documents
Please use the agenda on pages 14-20 of the Assembly Book as your guide to the schedule for registration times for the assembly. Voting members must register in order to vote on assembly matters.
Synod Assembly 2019 – Worship Bulletins
In order to save paper, bulletins will not be printed for assembly. There will be projection at every service and all are invited to bring these bulletins on their mobile device or print them at home.
Synod Assembly 2019 – Synod Assembly Offering
The offering collected at this year’s Synod Assembly will be divided between flood relief for the Nebraska Synod and new cabin construction for Living Water Ministries.
Synod Assembly 2019 – Resolutions
All resolutions must be submitted electronically to the Synod Office by March 21, 2019. Resolutions may only be submitted by a voting member of the upcoming synod assembly, a member of the NWLM Synod congregation, a member of a NWLM Synod committee, or a member of an agency of the NWLM Synod.
All resolutions must include the names of at least 25 confirmed members of the synod who support the resolution’s consideration by the assembly.
Synod Assembly 2019 – Nominating Committee Documents
- 2019 Nomination Slate for Synod Assembly – Summary of Positions to be Filled
- 2019 Synod Assembly – Synod Council Responsibilities and Duties
- 2019 Synod Assembly – Consultation Committee Responsibilities and Duties
- 2019 Synod Assembly – Discipline Committee Responsibilities and Duties
- 2019 Synod Assembly – Nomination Bio Form – General Election
Synod Assembly 2019 – Synod Officer and Bishop Election
2019 General Election
- 2019 NWLM Synod General Election Ballot 1 Results – posted 5/17/19 at 4:45pm
- 2019 NWLM Synod General Election Ballot 2 Results – posted 5/18/19 at 9am
2019 Bishop Election
- 2019 NWLM Synod Bishop Nominating Ballot Results – posted 5/16/19 at 11:10pm
- 2019 NWLM Synod Bishop Ballot 2 Recount Results – posted 5/18/19 at 8:45am
- 2019 NWLM Synod Bishop Ballot 3 Results – posted 5/18/19 at 10:15am
- 2019 NWLM Synod Bishop Ballot 4 Results – posted 5/18/19 at 10:30am
- 2019 NWLM Synod Bishop Ballot 5 Results – posted 5/18/19 at 11:20am
Bishop Nominee Bio Forms (posted in order of decreasing votes from Ballot #2)
- Bp. Craig Satterlee
- Pr. Bill Uetricht
- Pr. Chrysanne Timm
- Pr. Andreas Teich
- Pr. Timothy Jahn
- Pr. Dennis Smith
- Pr. Jim Foster
- Pr. Christopher Laughlin
- Pr. Dawn Pooley (not able to be contacted/notified – completed Bio Form not available)
- Letter to NWLM Synod Rostered Leaders and 2019 Synod Assembly Voting Members – Key Bishop Election Activities
- Summary of Key General and Bishop Election Activities
- Protocol and Procedures for Request and Review of Background Checks and Disclosure Statement for Nominees for Synod Officer Positions
- Authorization and Release Form for Background Checks and Disclosure Statements for Synod Officer Positions
- Disclosure Statement Form for Nominees for Synod Officer Positions
- 2019 NWLM Synod Bishop Nominee Biographical Form
- 2019 Bishop Election Withdrawal Form
- NWLM Synod Snapshot – Feb 2019
- NWLM Bishop Profile – Feb 2019
- 6B – NWLM Synod Report – Jan 2019
- 6B – NWLM Synod Data Kit – Nov 2018
Synod Assembly 2019 – General Business