By David Sprang
There are a variety of cooperative ministries. Download this spectrum to help visualize the various options.
Process for Discernment:
- Listen to God – prayer and bible study
- Listen to each other – discussion
- Listen to the community – one on one conversations
- Formulation of guiding statement and covenant
- Develop a plan of action
- 6) All entities agree/approve on plan/covenant
- Repeat process when there is the feeling that folks are ready to move further on the spectrum or there are new people, partners, or time have elapsed.
- Consult with the Director for Evangelical Mission of the synod for advice and counsel. The ELCA offers some support and grant programs for some of the above cooperative ministries.